Okay, so I'm staring at my iPod screen, but in between sentences, I'm watching the rain.
Guess where I'm going? Home!
In my last two posts, I told y'all about my invitation to train and tour with 1:11 Ministries for two months. Well, I was thinking maybe you'd like to know how that's going, so I'm going to write about it.
We just finished week 1. I'm on the road right now, heading home for my sister's bridal shower, but we'll be making the trip back Monday morning, in time for my first class at 10:30 am.
This first week has been awesome. Every day I take two ballet technique classes, and a choreography class. We've been working on a different dance each day, so it's a lot to cram into my head, but it's been really good.
I'm not going to write a super long post, for your sakes, although I have a ton I could write about. The highlight of this week was definitely at the beginning, when God showed me something amazing.
Man, I'm trying to write short, but everything has backstory! Okay, so the synopsis of what you need to know, is that for a really long time now, I have been struggling hard. Spiritually, emotionally, not having a good time. I've been trying to cling to truth, and seek God in it all, but it's just been so blatantly obvious how bad I am at that.
Anyway, it kind of reached a peak recently, where I just felt like I was about to reach the end of my rope, and I needed...something. I honestly had no idea what I needed. Rest? Revival? Breakthrough? I didn't know anymore. I'm so glad Jesus did. :)
This trip, as much as it was like a dream come true, felt like another thing added to the burden I was carrying. I could barely even get excited about it, I just got stressed out.
I realized something on the road to my new house though, I was leaving a lot of things that were burdening me behind. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my home, but I felt relieved to be going somewhere where some of my stress didn't exist.
We drove on Saturday, and went to church the next morning. I can't even tell you how amazing the service was. Mostly the worship, I wish I could remember the lyrics to tell you, but I can't. All I remember is God speaking, telling me He had provided a place of rest for me.
Another major thing that was stressing me out He clearly addressed in one of the songs, and as I sang, I knew He wanted me to let it go, because He had control.
Another weight off of my back. I already felt like a new person. But there was more.
After that, I believe it was Sunday night, we were having dinner, and there was a little picture frame with a bible verse on it.
Again, He brought me into this place to be a sanctuary for me, a place of rest. I might add, the house I'm living in is HUGE. He definitely brought me forth into a large place. :D
A few times, I have gotten discouraged during dance class, or stressed about something, and it's like I can almost hear Him saying, "Are you going to trust Me?"
I feel like He's given me one task. Trust.
It's very humbling, because I want to claim to be such a great Christian that I don't need two months to JUST trust, but it's what God has given me, and I think He knows what I need best.
That's really all I can say without repeating myself, but it really doesn't do justice to the peace I'm feeling.
Amen
ReplyDeleteAmen
ReplyDelete