Search This Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Saying Goodbye

I'm on the road right now, driving home from dropping off my sister in Port Burwell, where she will live for two months, and then go on to Guatemala, where she will live for another two months.

In case the math was too much for you just now, that's FOUR months away from her favorite sister.

Really, I am just having a rough time realizing that she will be away from me for so long. What am I going to do??

The great thing is that God is good, and He stays with His children.

Whether or not we are in contact with each other, God, who is nearer to me than anyone else, is just as near to her.

I always feel as though there's something missing when this particular sister is gone, but I think that truth will help me through these months. 

I can trust God with her. To take care of her, to comfort her, and to just spend time with her.

This probably sounds really silly, but it does give me great comfort.

I left her a note with one of my favorite verses as we left.

The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)

I'll miss you Tirzah! I hope God blesses you greatly while you're away.

No comments:

Post a Comment